November 1, 2021 ‒ The NASH Roundtable™ and ProSciento, Inc. will host the 4th Annual NASH Roundtable Forum on November 18, 2021 as a virtual event. Consisting of leading hepatologists, endocrinologists, and clinical development experts from around the world, the forum’s goal is to discuss and steward advances in science, clinical research, and therapeutics for nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) and nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH).
Covering a range of topics centered around the latest research, the event will be moderated by Dr. Arun J. Sanyal, the Reno Vlahcevic Professor of Medicine at Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine; Dr. Julio Gutierrez, ProSciento’s Vice President of Clinical Research and Clinical Science; and Dr. Rohit Loomba, Professor of Medicine and Director of Hepatology at the University of California, San Diego.
Presentation topics will include methods of utilizing the NASH Patient Access and Screening Strategies (NASH PASS®) database and biobank for biomarker and translational research; identifying critical biomarkers for liver fibrosis; advances in imaging technologies; and the various collaborative opportunities available with NASH PASS.
“This year’s Roundtable Forum is a unique setting of immense expertise in fibrotic diseases to truly facilitate focused collaboration and applicable outcomes to accelerate science-driven clinical research and therapeutic program developments,” said Marcus Hompesch, MD, ProSciento President and CEO, Co-chair of the NASH Roundtable, and Editor-in-Chief, Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism.
NASH Roundtable Members participating at the November Virtual Form are:
- Dr. Elisabetta Bugianesi, Professor of Gastroenterology, School Medicine at the University of Torino, Italy
- Dr. Scott Friedman, Dean, Therapeutic Discovery and Chief, Division of Liver Diseases, at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Dr. Eric Lawitz, Vice President, Scientific and Research Dev, Texas Liver Institute, and Clinical Prof of Medicine, University of Texas Health San Antonio
- Dr. Vlad Ratziu, Professor of Hepatology at Sorbonne Université and Pitié-Salpêtrière Hospital
- Dr. Manuel Romero-Gómez, Professor at University of Seville and Director of Digestive, Liver and Inflammatory Diseases Program at Institute of Biomedicine of Seville
- Dr. Arun J. Sanyal, the Reno Vlahcevic Professor of Medicine at Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine
- Dr. Detlef Schuppan, Professor, Hepatology & Gastroenterology at Mainz University & Beth Israel Medical Center, Harvard
- Dr. Miriam Vos, Assistant Professor, Pediatrics, Hepatology at Emory and Director, Pediatric Fatty Liver at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta.
More information about the event is available at https://nashpass.wpengine.com/nashroundtable/virtual-forum/.
To learn more about the NASH Roundtable and its members, please contact email@example.com.